Stationwagons have been a backpacker favourite for as long as we can remember – it is the #1 choice for travelling around Australia – and why not:
- Wagons are relatively cheap
- You can travel in a group and split the cost for petrol
- Every mechanic can fix a stationwagon – even in the smallest little town in the outback
- Automatic transmissions – for real cruising on those non-busy roads – and there are plenty in the outback
Of course, the one little thing is missing is a proper bed! Yes, many of us just sleep in tents or in the back of the car – but how good would it be to have a proper little back in the back – amazing.
We have taken a few pics to give you some ideas – air mattress, air pump, curtains and a few curtain rails – done. Your own bed on wheels For any questions just contact Travellers Autobarn
UPDATE *** 11/04/2014 ***
FURTHER UPDATE FOR CYCLONE ITA
Cyclone Ita is still following the same course and will reach land north of Cooktown, by time it passes Cairns, which will be late on Saturday the 12th April, weather forecasters are predicating it will no longer be a Cyclone.
There will still be heavy rain, strong winds and flooding between Brisbane and Cairns, so please follow the guidance from yesterday.
Here’s a travel tip you won’t find in any guidebook: for the ultimate gap year adventure on a budget, visit Australia in the winter.
Working in Oz? Then you’re living the dream.
But as we all know, if you want to keep living the dream, you have to have money in your pocket. Working while you travel around Oz is a great way to boost your funds, but what do you do if you need more? Well, a great way to put some cash back in your wallet is to apply for a tax refund.
It’s official – Travellers Autobarn is hosting a massive
PRE-EASTER SALE on the 11th & 12th OF APRIL
- up to 25% off the normal sales price!
What do you have to do? Not much – just visit any of our branches in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Cairns and get your holiday started!
Here are the details:
- Date & Time: Brisbane/Cairns/Melbourne: 11th of April (Friday) – 10 am to 4 pm, 12th of April (Saturday) – 10 am to 12 pm; Sydney: 11th & 12th of April (Friday & Saturday) – 10 am to 4 pm
Any other questions? Send us an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1800 674 374.
Tip: Be there early as speaking from last years experience, it will get crowded!