Travellers Autobarn has been selling vehicles to backpackers for over 20 years – and we have been famous for selling our vans & 4WDs with custom fit beds in the back – we even offer kitchenettes with our vans for sale.
The benefit of having you own bed in a 4WD is very straight forward:
- Much more comfortable than sleeping in a tent or on the back seats
- No matter if heavy rains or wind – you will definitely stay try
- With a 4WD you will be exploring the real Australian Outback and encounter some of the most dangerous Australian wildlife – snakes, spiders & sometimes even crocodiles – sleeping inside the 4WD will keep you safe.
- Sometimes you will just end up somewhere where you have no other options but to sleep in your 4WD.
Our workshop manager has taken the time to take photos of each step when building a bed – in this instance the bed in the 4WD will make some German customers soon very very happy!
If you are ever after buying a 4WD with a bed check us out at Travellers Autobarn – and for the ones who are super keen our manager has written down his steps when installing the bed and potentially a kitchenette (for vans only):
- – Buy and stock up on materials (Wood, screws , brackets, etc.)
- – Have empty van without seats in the rear
- – Measure Van (every Van is a bit different)
- – Cut wood to required sizes
- – Install bottom section
- – Install Bed frame
- – Install Bed boards
- – Assemble Kitchen area
- – Install kitchen area
- – Cut and install Sink + water supply
- – Test bed
- – Tidy everything up + cosmetic work