Travellers Autobarn has been selling vehicles to backpackers for over 20 years – we are well know for our “Slap N Tickle” fit outs for our vans – meaning your own bed as well as kitchen in your van – it’s your home one wheels 🙂
The benefit of having your home on wheels around Australia are:
- Very comfortable & mostly very spacious
- You can sleep pretty much anywhere you want – in the city, close to the beach or in the national parks
- No matter if heavy rains or wind – you will definitely stay try
- Hungry? Go ahead and cook a meal anywhere in Australia!
- And yes, always high demand so easy to sell!
- Mostly very fuel friendly compared to the Stationwagons & 4WDs.
If you are ever after buying a Van with your own bed & kitchenette please visit Travellers Autobarn – please check out below written guidelines as well pics on how to build our famous Slap N Tickle – you might even give it a go yourself 🙂
1. – Buy and stock up on materials (Wood, screws , brackets, etc.)2. – Make sure that all equipment is in good and safe working order3. – Have empty van without seats in the rear4. – Measure Van (every Van is a bit different)5. – Cut wood to required sizes6. – Install bottom section (be careful when mounting the bottom to the chassis, that you do not drill into tanks or brake lines)7. – Install Bed frame
8. – Install Bed boards (one piece needs to be fixed, otherwise it is unstable)
9. – Assemble Kitchen area
10. – Install kitchen area
11. – Cut and install Sink + water supply
12. – Test bed
13. – Tidy everything up + cosmetic work