The Northern Territory, with its spectacular landscapes and endless adventures, it’s like someplace out of a dream. The Top End of Australia is everything you could want and more when you travel to the Land Down Under. Some of its regions you won’t even believe exist… Here are 16 reasons why the Northern Territory is like no place on Earth.
1. The waterfalls are unlike any you have ever seen
Jim Jim Falls, Kakadu National Park
2. It’s home to Uluru – the huge rock formation rising seemingly from nowhere
Uluru – or Ayers Rock
3. The skies put on a show everyday at dusk
4. And the stargazing is amazing due to the clear, unpolluted air
5. The terrain will make you feel like you’re not on Earth
6. It’s home to over 400 species of beautiful birds
7. And you can spot wildlife in every direction you look
8. Although some aren’t for the faint-hearted…
Australian salt water crocodile
9. It has plenty to offer to lovers of adventure
10. And you’ll feel like you have the roads all to yourself
Road to Alice Springs
11. There are plenty of places to stop and cool down
12. And the endless ranges will make you feel small…
13. You can get lost in some of the reddest sand in the world
14. Or learn about the oldest civilisation on Earth…
Ancient Aboriginal rock paintings
15. You wouldn’t believe it also has some spectacular beaches
16. And you can visit the tropical capital Darwin when you’re all tired out of exploring
The Northern Territory covers 1.4 million square kilometres of land. From the tropical north of Australia, to it’s red sandy centre. The best way to explore the Top End of Australia is a self-drive adventure. And there’s no better way to road trip than rounding up your friends and hitting the open roads in a van.
Travellers Autobarn has 6 locations Australia-wide, one being in Darwin. Start your Northern Territory escape in Darwin, then go on to visit Litchfield and Kakadu National Parks, Alice Springs, and the list goes on… Get a quote on a campervan and start planning your Northern Territory escape.
Bastian is the Sales & Marketing Manager here at Travellers Autobarn. He holds a Master of Commerce in Marketing and International Business Management, and 20+ years experience in campervan hire, road trips and travel.