Are you dreaming about a sweet little campervan with your own built in bed and kitchenette? Travellers Autobarn has been selling vehicles to backpackers for over 20 years and we are well known for our fit outs for our vans. Read this article for tips and tricks on decking our your vehicle and educate yourself on how to build the campervan of your dreams!
If you are ever after buying a Van with your own bed & kitchenette please visit Travellers Autobarn – check out below written guidelines as well pictures on how to build our famous Slap N Tickle – you might even give it a go yourself
1. – Buy and stock up on materials (Wood, screws, brackets, etc.)
2. – Make sure that all equipment is in good and safe working order
3. – Have empty van without seats in the rear
4. – Measure Van (every Van is a bit different)
5. – Cut wood to required sizes
6. – Install bottom section (be careful when mounting the bottom to the chassis, that you do not drill into tanks or brake lines)
7. – Install Bed frame
8. – Install Bed boards (one piece needs to be fixed, otherwise it is unstable)
9. – Assemble Kitchen area
10. – Install kitchen area
11. – Cut and install Sink + water supply
12. – Test bed
13. – Tidy everything up + cosmetic work
Thinking of buying your own vehicle to travel Australia? Check out our benefits and warranties.
We’ve got many more Buying and Selling Campervan and Car articles for you, come and explore.