– Always take enough water with you
– Stop at the local visitor centres for free brochures on what to do
– Travellers Autobarn allows you to drive at night but we highly recommend not to! Wildlife is likely to be on the roads (especially within the National Parks) at night and during dusk and dawn. Drive safe and below speed limit should you encounter an animal.
– Drive slow during the National Parks by day too! Not just to avoid collision with wildlife but also for you to better spot wildlife and take a few great pics from a distance. We had many encounters with kangaroos, wallabies, geckos, birds and snakes only because we slowed down
-When you hire a campervan with Travellers Autobarn you get access to FREE 24/7 roadside assistance – so if anything happens while you’re on the road all you need to is call 1300 369 349
– Stop at every petrol station to re-fill your petrol tank. It might the last one for another 300kms!
– Respect the locals, take your rubbish with you and do not touch any animals. Would you want to be touched by everyone? (Despite, some might be venomous or bite).
– Never snorkel alone! Always have someone with you or looking out for you. Especially when snorkeling where there is no or bad reception. Help may not arrive within the hour.
– Do not underestimate the strength of the ocean or the heat of the sun! Be careful and watch out for yourself.
Talk to the locals or call Travellers Autobarn on 1800 674 374 if you need assistance with anything. The Australians are usually very helpful and friendly so do not hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
Want to read more of our Perth Road Trips, come and explore more!